Natural Ways to Protect and Boost Your Immune System
Having a good immune system can help you avoid contracting many illnesses and common colds, or at least make them last for shorter amounts of time. You don’t have to do anything unnatural to boost your immune system and make it work harder to protect you from your environment.
1. Improve Your Gut Flora – Adding probiotics to your diet in the form of yogurt or fermented food can help your gut work better. The better your digestion, the healthier you’ll be. The gut flora is very important for proper digestion of all nutrients.
2. Eat Mushrooms and Garlic – Both of these foods offer antibiotic properties that can help improve your immunity against disease. Try to add them to most every meal in some form. Try cooking up a bunch to have ready to top on everything from toast to salad.
3. Eat More Cruciferous Veggies – Boost your liver function by eating more cruciferous vegetables which will help cleanse your liver so that it can work better to remove toxins. The best way to eat cruciferous vegetables is to lightly steam them.
4. Drink Plenty of Water – Food cannot digest, and your body cannot work properly without being fully hydrated. Unfortunately, most of us walk around partially dehydrated because we have learned to turn off our thirst. Drink at least 64 ounces of filtered water a day.
5. Support Your Adrenal Cortex – Eat healthy fats, foods high in antioxidants and amino acids such as found in avocadoes to improve adrenal function. This aids in helping your adrenal glands continue to provide the right hormones to your body for a healthy immune system.
6. Add a Juice a Day – Get a juicer and drink one vegetable and fruit juice serving each day. You’ll need all the nutrients and calories for energy without stressing your digestive system.
7. Get Enough Sleep – Most people need between eight and ten hours of sleep each night. The only way to know for sure how much sleep you need is to experiment with bedtimes. Ideally, you should be able to go to bed and fall asleep quickly, and then wake up without the assistance of an alarm at the time you need.
8. Exercise Daily – Even a twenty minute walk each day can boost your immunity. Moving and breathing deeply will help you not only become healthier but feel healthier too. Sedentary jobs can literally kill you. If you have one, find excuses to get up and walk around.
9. Get Fresh Air and Sunshine – Finding a way to breathe in fresh air and get plenty of sunshine each day is important. Sunshine gives you important vitamin D, and the fresh air will clear your lungs and help you relax.
10. Avoid Toxins – Stop smoking, drink alcohol in moderation, and try to use as few prescription drugs as possible. The more toxins you can avoid putting into your body, the healthier you’ll become.
By following these tips every day you’ll boost your immunity and feel better too. Nature always provides a way for you to be at your best if you just know how. You don’t need to ingest chemicals, or do anything unnatural to improve your immune system.
Pingback: The Power of Red: Health Benefits of Eating Red Foods | | Oh My Heartsie Girl
Pingback: Oh My Heartsie Girls Wordless Wednesday, April 14, 2020 | Clearissa Coward's Command Center
I have been trying to do many things listed here to stay healthy and ensure my immune is well developed. Enough rest and lots of water will definitely help. And extra fresh fruits as well. Thanks for reminding us again Karrena nda happy OMHGWW
I have been taking all sorts of extra supplements, especially with Zinc, though I have not been able to find just Zinc, everybody heard the same thing and got to the stores before me. So I find a multivitamin to take, though it is said we should take 50mg, I get 25 in 1 vitamin. Also, quinine water is also helpful, as that is what is in that drug they don’t want to use for malaria.
I eat dried fruit every morning and some fresh, drinking lots of water. And chicken soup or bullion boosts immunity.
Stay safe and well my friend Indah!!