Where The Court Stands on Custodial Parenting

What to Do if the Custodial Parent Wants to Relocate

A non-custodial parent may have to deal with the fear and uncertainty of a relocation request. The custodial parent may want to remove the child from the county or even the state in which both parents live. The parent may want to move for a legitimate reason such as a new job or school opportunity. The parent may want to move because of personal reasons, as well. Usually, the person will request permission to move by submitting a relocation request to the courts. The non-custodial parent will have to fight it if he does not wish the move to take place.

Reasons for Fighting a Relocation
The court’s main priority is giving parents and children enough time together so that they can grow. Therefore, a judge may deny a relocation request if a concerned father objects to it. Alternatively, the judge may order a specific solution to the problem so that the relocation can stand. He or she may order the parents to share the costs of traveling. The judge could adjust the visitation schedule, as well. A concerned parent must object to a relocation first, however. The parent will have only a certain amount of time to respond to the request. If the court does not receive such a response, the custodial parent will receive a default judgement of approval.

A non-custodial parent can speak with legal specialists about the best way to approach a relocation objection. Cordell & Cordell is an example of legal specialists who tend to such cases.

About Karren Haller

I am a +70 Blogger that loves connecting with other women through blogging. A new recipe always intrigues, finding a new craft, creating bracelets occasionally and gardening is a favorite and writing brand reviews is a favorite for my readers. But most of all the connection to other bloggers. Creativity, simple life and getting things done